Saturday, October 25, 2008



Gear Review: Crank Brothers 50/50x pedals
As I am sure most of you know gear is an important part of our lives here at wilderness adventure. It’s what gets us through the day, it’s what we spend our money on, and it’s what we like to brag about to everyone else until they spend their hard earned money on something better. I am no different than anyone else here, so last year I spent some cash on a new set of flat pedals for my mountain bike. With some help from Jake I chose a set of Crank Bro’s 50/50 non sealed flats. They look cool and perform even better. The awesome part about these pedals is that you can change the plates on the pedals, to different colors. You can also change the pins so that your flats are completely custom to your bike. Just because these flats have cool colors and the ability to custom match them to your bike, don’t assume they are for light riding. After a year of hard abuse on the Giant I still love these pedals. First off the look like something that is designed to grind up meat, or crush rocks. The only way they could grip better is physically glueing your foot to the pedal. They can handle anything I have been able to throw at them, and more. After a year of hard riding once, maybe twice a week. 4 trips to Snowshoe. And lots of spur of the moment trips to the staff trail to get some air time, these flats are still spinning. If you are looking for a set of sick bike flats, or meat grinders, these are the ones for you. At around $60 bucks for the non sealed bearings they are a good deal. You can find the xx sealed for around $100. But deals can be found on the web. I also installed the Grub Pin’s , or Set Screws, on my 50/50’s, for more grip when riding downhill. The only thing you can do to make these Flats better is to use a Set of FiveTen Impact’s to slap on your feet. The stickiest shoe for freeride and downhill biking, on the market. All this talk about gear makes me want to buy some more! For all my Crank Bro part needs I go to our local shop, Just the Right Gear Tell them we sent you. they will take care of you. enjoy the photo's!

Ride or Die…….

Dano

No comments: