Tuesday, January 27, 2009

New years resolutions. Everyone has one. Are you going to lose weight this year? Be more productive? Call in sick less? Brush your teeth more? There are plenty normal and boring ways to try and be a better person in 2009. This year, as 2008 was rolling out and 2009 was becoming a reality I was trying to decide what my new years resolution was going to be. Should I mow the lawn more “nah”. Should I try and save more money this year” Phhhhh…..yeah right”. Should I make more of an effort to keep in contact with my friends ” no that’s what facebook is for”. What is it going to be? Maybe I should ride my bike more! If you think about it, It is perfect! I will ride my bike more in 2009. I will be working out, losing weight, having fun, spending time with friends and making new ones almost every time I go for a bike ride. Sounds like the best New years resolution ever right?
The first day of the new year and it is time to test my theory. 12:00pm Jake Janine , Anthony , and I are suiting up. We hit a low loop at Carvins cove for our first ride of the new year. It was cold, it was windy, and I had to wear all the cold gear I had. But it was such a great ride! You can’t get much better then spending time with people you really enjoy and being in nature. There is just nothing like it. Only 365 days left to make this years resolution the best it can be. I may not be saving money, and I am sure the lawn will look worse than ever this year. But for me, and I am sure for some of you, this new years is going to be the best yet. Good luck with all the new years resolutions!

Ride or Di……Maybe my new years resolution should be to change my motto…


~Dano

No comments: